Brits want the UK to get on with leaving the EU by a 2-1 margin according to a new poll, with only around a quarter of Brits wanting to stop Brexit.
The Deltapoll gave people several options, including to scrap Brexit and Remain in the EU. However just 26% back the hardline Remoan position, whilst a clear majority (55%) now want the UK to Leave.
The poll gave the public these options:
- Brexit should be abandoned altogether – 26%
- Carry on with Chequers – 10%
- May should try and negotiate a new deal before 29th March 2019 – 14%
- Delay Article 50 to come up with a better deal – 9%
- Refuse to concede anymore and leave with No Deal – 22%
The same poll found that Brexit voters were more informed than Remainers about the implications of Brexit before the referendum.
There is no appetite for a Loser’s Vote or Chequers. Let’s get on with it and go for a real Brexit.